Poseidon is a Special (SPEC) Weapon.
- Poseidon cycles through three nearly-identical firing patterns while the Fire input is held down, spending 1 second in each pattern before moving on to the next.
- Once the third firing pattern has finished, the weapon must finish reloading its first pattern before it can start the cycle again.
- The initial press of the Fire input always reloads all firing patterns and fires the first firing pattern.
- The ammo gauge beneath the player only tracks the status of the first firing pattern.
- Switching to another weapon while in the middle of firing Poseidon, due to the nature of anti-exploit mechanics, forces the player to wait out the SPEC weapon’s very long cooldown before the new weapon can be fired.
- Ammo and RoF modifiers can cause Poseidon’s firing patterns to overlap.
- Increasing Ammo and reducing RoF tend to increase overlap of adjacent firing patterns.